- Tuesday, August 23 - I Dig Tuesday trail maintenance at Jungle Habitat. I Dig Tuesday's are becoming an endangered species - there are only 3 left! Meet us at the gate no later than 6:00 p.m., and bring your gloves, water and bug spray. Don't forget - PayDirt hours must be completed by October 1st!
- Wednesday, August 24 - in place of our usual Ladies Road Ride on Clinton Road, don't forget we are having a bike maintenance clinic and potluck dinner. Learn about basic bike repairs (changing a flat on the road, tire pressure, fixing a brake rub, etc.), and tips and tricks to make your rides easier and better! We'll meet at the Kahl's at 6 p.m. - please RSVP to Heather and let her know what you can bring!
- Speaking of Wednesday night Ladies Rides, TTC's own Nancy Towner has offered to host the August 31 ride. Meet us at 3 Redman Road Pompton Plains, NJ at 6 p.m.. Larry will give us a brief "Paceline 101" instruction then we'll get to it. Mostly flats but we'll throw some hills in if you want! Bring a change of clothes because after there will be liquid refreshments, snacks and a viewing of the fabulous Fall line of Lia Sophia jewelry!! Ladies who can't make the ride are still welcome to join us for the rest of the fun around 8pm or so!! Call 973-835-2358 (home) or 973-727-3945 (cell) for directions or with questions.
- For those of you who are the wrong gender to join the Ladies Night ride, break out your mountain bikes and join us for a day-into-night ride. Wednesday, August 24, bring your lights, Camelbak, and lots of food - this will be an advanced ride! We'll get a grand tour of Wildcat WMA from Wildcat expert Norm Albrecht. Meet us at 49 Meridan Road in Rockaway at 5:15 p.m. , and we;ll have an epic ride!
- And of course, it wouldn't be Friday without our usual Friday night soiree - 6 p.m., the old Village Square Inn parking lot on Route 23 in Newfoundland. We're losing the light these days, so don't be late!
Monday, August 22, 2011
Weekday rides and fun!
Thanks to everyone who came out tonight to Jungle Habitat - a good time was had by all! Here's what we've got planned for the rest of this week.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions - and we'll see you on the road!