- Many of you have done the Five Borough Tour in the past, and loved it. Although regular registration has closed for the 2012 version, which takes place on May 6, you can still ride by joining their Ride for a Reason program. Several charitable organizations have been give spots in the race, which can be yours - if you raise money for their charity. TTC member Lisa has worked with the Family Reach Foundation, which has some spots available. For more info, including fundraising requirements, check out their website.
- TTC member Sherri pointed us to the Pedal for Preservation Ride run by The Land Conservancy of New Jersey. Help them preserve open space in New Jersey while enjoying a family friendly ride on the Columbia Trail, leaving from Chester, NJ. The ride is slated for Sunday, June 3, but discounted registration ends April 30, so check out their website for all the details!
- Quite a few TTC members are talking about the Wilmington Whiteface Bike Fest, taking place June 14-17. From the Jump Jams and Trials Exhibition, to the costume parade and BikeFest Beach party, to the gravity events (everything from dual slalom to an uphill bike race)and the Wilmington/Whiteface 100K Mountain Bike race (a qualifier for the Leadville 100), it sounds like a blast. More info here .
- Friend of TTC Kathi Krause is organizing a ladies downhill clinic on April 28 at Plattekill, NY, for beginner to advanced downhill riders. More info can be found on her Facebook page . She's also working on a date closer to home, May 12-13 at Mountain Creek - we'll work on getting you some details on that soon.
- We've told you about this one in the past, but don't forget the Gran Fondo of NJ, being held on September 9, 2012. TTC's Angela has gotten us a team discount code of TTCGFNJ2012 - make sure you pick Team Town Cycle as your team! Register at www.active.com.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
Looking for something different?
A few different rides or races that might interest you - as well as benefit some great organizations!