- Tonight is trail work at Jungle Habitat - only a few days to get the PayDirt hours you need, H2H racers! We're splitting in 2 groups - some working on the new BD trail at JH, a few at the pump track next door. Meet at JH at 5:45 p.m.
- Wednesday night - Ladies Night on Clinton! We're getting down to the last few of the year - don't miss out! Wheels down, 6 p.m.
- Ditto for Friday night road ride on Clinton - don't miss these last few weeks!
- Friday-Sunday - check out Cranks around the Campfire up at Allamuchy. Registration closes on Thursday, Aug. 23 at 8 p.m. Kids under 18 are free. Go for one day or the weekend, camp, don't camp, bring the kids - tons of family friendly activities on and off the bike! More info and schedule are here.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
The weather looks perfect for the next few days - get on your bike and enjoy it!
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Just a quick reminder - because of the air show at Greenwood Lake Airport (which runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday), Jungle Habitat will be teeming with people on the ground and planes overhead! If you're looking for a quiet ride, try some of our other local state parks!
Also because of the air show, Farrell Field will be closed, so there will be no work sessions on the pump track this weekend. Thanks again to everyone who has come out!
Want to take the kids riding? Consider taking them to the 3rd annual Hilltop Grasshopper Kids MTB race in North Caldwell - they run a great event for kids entering K-8! More info - http://www.jorba.org/node/645
And as always, Friday night ride on Clinton Road - our season is winding down, so don't miss it!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Monday, August 13, 2012
- Work is in full swing at the West Milford Pump Track - don't you want to be able to say you were there when it was built? Join us tonight (Monday) and Tuesday night to lend a hand as we continue to move and sculpt! It's dirty work, so bring gloves and your least favorite socks and work appropriate shoes! We'll be there at 6 p.m. both days, weather permitting.
- Don't forget, this Saturday is the 3rd annual Hilltop Grasshopper kids MTB race in North Caldwell. Our JORBA and Hilltop Conservancy friends put on a wonderful event - perfect for getting kids involved in racing. All kids ages K-8 are welcome! Swag for everyone who participates! More info - http://www.jorba.org/node/645
- Reminder that this coming weekend, August 17-19, the Greenwood Lake Airshow is taking place. Jungle Habitat will be open for riding, but it will be crawling with people, and lots of planes flying overhead. If you are looking for a quiet nature moment, you may want to think about riding elsewhere this weekend. On the upside, the air show is supposed to be fantastic, so check it out if you are so inclined!
- Lastly, our NYC ride for Sunday, Aug. 19 is being postponed. We'll let you know as soon as we can reschedule.
Of course, weather permitting, our usual Wed. and Fri. Clinton Road rides are on - the days are getting shorter, so don't miss out on this last month or so of rides!
As always, any questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org, and have a great week!
Saturday, August 11, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012
Lots of mountain biking fun for the weekend! Check us out!
- Saturday, August 11 - JORBA ride at Jungle Habitat - part of the ever popular JORBA ride series! Two groups - one for those who would like the complete tour, one for those who want to go fast! Meet at the gate, wheels down at 10 a.m. Great chance to meet the good people who do the hard work at other parks in the state! More info here!
- Also on Saturday, TTC's BJ will lead a ride at Mountain Creek. Meet at 9 a.m. at the biker parking lot across from the mountain, we'll be on the lift by 9:30 a.m. $7 buys you a one time ride up the mountain, where we'll hit the cross country trails. The XC trails are pretty tame, any level should be able to handle it! At the end, we'll sneak in a downhill run or two, or if you prefer, hitch a ride on the gondola.
- Sunday, August 12 - TTC's James will lead a ride up at Stewart State Forest, meeting at 12 noon. It will be about a 20 mile loop in a beginner/intermediate level. Weather permitting. Stewart is a great place for riders of all levels, a good place to check out! Use the Weed Road Entrance just off Rt. 207.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate across the board! Have a great weekend, everyone!
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Looking for a few more PayDirt hours? Or .... maybe want to sneak a peak at the pump track progress? We can help you out! We'll meet at the regular time at Jungle Habitat (5:45 p.m.), have everyone sign in, and then split into 2 groups - some of us will continue the awesome work that's been going on at JH, and some of us will head next door to the pump track. Pump track work will count as PayDirt hours, so come on out and join us!
As always, let us know if you have any questions - email@example.com
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Hi all -
A few rides to let you know of, besides our usual Wednesday Ladies Clinton Road ride and Friday night Clinton Road ride -
- Saturday, August 4 - Ladies mountain bike ride at Lewis Morris Park in Morristown. This is a very beginner friendly park - bring a friend! We'll meet at 10 a.m. at the lower (lake) parking lot, and ride until about noon. Afterwards - Mexican food at Tito's! Rain will cancel.
- Sunday, August 5 - Mountain Creek Bike park in Vernon. Meet in the parking lot at noon. Bring $7 for a lift pass, we'll hitch a ride up to the top and ride the cross country trails for a few hours. Under 18 - please hit the Mountain Creek site to get the waiver and have it signed by your appropriate adult before you head up!
- Looking for some weekend PayDirt? Black Bear Cycling is doing a Sunday trailbuild at Waywayanda at 8 a.m. - check out their site for more info.
Good luck to all of our TTC racers who are racing the Darkhorse 40 this weekend!