- For those of you interested in previewing the Campmor H2H course for this Sunday, May 6, we'll have an intermediate/advanced group heading out from the boat launch parking lot at 5:30 on Tueday, May 1. Bring plenty of water and snacks!
- If you are looking for something a bit easier, join us at TTC's James and Vicki's place for a social paced, no drop ride around some of Ringwood's kinder trails. Meet at 22 Crag Place in Ringwood at 6 p.m.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Two for Tuesday rides -
As always, let us know if you have a ride you'd like us to give a shout out about - email@example.com .
Friday, April 27, 2012
Quick reminder of this weekends plans!
- If it's Friday, then it is time for Friday night road ride on Clinton Road. Meet at 5:30 p.m. at the old Village Square Inn on Rt. 23 in Newfoundland.
- Our 4th Annual Juniors in the Jungle K-12 Kids Mountain Bike race is Saturday, April 28! The weather looks great, we have great prizes lined up for our racers, and we're putting the finishing touches on the course this afternoon. Please spread the word, bring the kids, and come out and have a great time! And if you have a few hours free on Saturday, we can always use a hand!
- BMX racing starts on Saturday - good luck to our BMX contingent as they start the 2012 season!
- Sunday, April 29, there is a JORBA ride and trail work day at Jungle Habitat. Meet at the gate at 9 a.m. for a good social paced ride around JH, take a break for lunch, and then spend a few hours doing trail work from 12:30-3:00 p.m. Only free part of the day? No problem, join us for what you can!
- Good luck to our TTC members who are racing at Singlespeed-a-palooza at Stewart on Sunday - and it actually might not rain on them, for a change!
- Finally, don't forget Tuesday mountain bike rides hosted by TTC's James and Vicki - meeting at 22 Crag Place in Ringwood, 6 p.m. Social pace around some of Ringwood's easier trails. Rain cancels.
Enjoy the weather, and have a great weekend, everyone!
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Late notice - but we are going to have our ladies road ride on Clinton Road at 5:30 p.m., meeting at the usual old Village Square Inn parking lot. Rain will cancel.
Thursday, April 19, 2012
A few different rides or races that might interest you - as well as benefit some great organizations!
- Many of you have done the Five Borough Tour in the past, and loved it. Although regular registration has closed for the 2012 version, which takes place on May 6, you can still ride by joining their Ride for a Reason program. Several charitable organizations have been give spots in the race, which can be yours - if you raise money for their charity. TTC member Lisa has worked with the Family Reach Foundation, which has some spots available. For more info, including fundraising requirements, check out their website.
- TTC member Sherri pointed us to the Pedal for Preservation Ride run by The Land Conservancy of New Jersey. Help them preserve open space in New Jersey while enjoying a family friendly ride on the Columbia Trail, leaving from Chester, NJ. The ride is slated for Sunday, June 3, but discounted registration ends April 30, so check out their website for all the details!
- Quite a few TTC members are talking about the Wilmington Whiteface Bike Fest, taking place June 14-17. From the Jump Jams and Trials Exhibition, to the costume parade and BikeFest Beach party, to the gravity events (everything from dual slalom to an uphill bike race)and the Wilmington/Whiteface 100K Mountain Bike race (a qualifier for the Leadville 100), it sounds like a blast. More info here .
- Friend of TTC Kathi Krause is organizing a ladies downhill clinic on April 28 at Plattekill, NY, for beginner to advanced downhill riders. More info can be found on her Facebook page . She's also working on a date closer to home, May 12-13 at Mountain Creek - we'll work on getting you some details on that soon.
- We've told you about this one in the past, but don't forget the Gran Fondo of NJ, being held on September 9, 2012. TTC's Angela has gotten us a team discount code of TTCGFNJ2012 - make sure you pick Team Town Cycle as your team! Register at www.active.com.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
A little something to think of as you slog through the week ...
- Friday Night road rides on Clinton Road are back! We're slowing getting back into our routine. Newbie or experienced riders - come join us, learn the basic etiquette of group road rides, or get a good brisk ride in as you shake off the stress of another work week! We'll meet at the old Village Square Inn Parking lot, 2887 Route 23, Newfoundland, NJ - let's try to be ready to ride at 5:30. We'll break into groups and do our usual out and back on Clinton Road.
- Saturday, April 21 - join us at Allaire State Park for a mountain bike ride. If you've never been to Allaire, you're missing out on a great park. It's an excellent place for newer riders, and lots of flowing singletrack for experienced riders! The terrain is completely different than in our neck of the woods, so treat yourself and take a trip there! Map to the parking lot is here - plan on 90 minutes travel time from the West Milford area. We'll meet you at 10 a.m. in the Hospital Road parking lot - bring plenty of water and snacks. More info on the park can be found here. Rain will cancel our ride.
- Sunday, April 22 - the first Campmor H2H race of 2012 is at Blue Mountain Reservation in Peekskill. If you like Jungle Habitat, you'll love Blue Mountain. Come on out and give it a try - details at www.wmba.org. And good luck to all our TTC racers!
More info on more events coming up - stay tuned!
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Can't pass up this great weather, right? So we are set for a ladies only road ride on Clinton Road this Wednesday, April 18, 5:30 p.m. Meet at the old Village Square Inn parking lot, 2887 Route 23, Newfoundland, NJ. Bring a friend, and learn the basics of group road rides!
Questions? Email us - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email us - email@example.com.
Friday, April 13, 2012
For anyone who is looking for a great road ride tomorrow, TTC member Joe is planning a round trip road ride to New Paltz tomorrow. Meet at the Shop Rite parking lot at 9 a.m., and plan on approx. 106 miles round trip! They'll stop in New Paltz, re-fuel (have lunch!), and head back south. It'll be a casual to moderate pace ride, but make sure to bring plenty of water, food, and some cash for lunch! Any questions, give Joe a shout at 1-973-214-0475.
Thursday, April 12, 2012
First - members of the Team Town Cycle road racing contingent are off to the Tour of the Battenkill this weekend. It's a classic spring race, and a tough one. TTC has been training hard for this one though, and they are up for the challenge - good luck to them all!
Second - don't forget, Friday night rides are on! Meet at the Old Village Square Inn parking lot on Route 23 Newfoundland - wheels down at 5:30 p.m.
Third - the Campmor H2H series starts next weekend at Blue Mountain in Peekskill. For those interested in pre-riding the course this weekend, we'll meet at the parking lot at 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 15. Hopefully, the course map will be released by then, and we'll do a few easy laps of the course to get acquainted with the route!
As always, email us with any questions, and have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Want to stretch your legs before your big Easter dinner? We have two options for you!
- Option 1 - mountain bike ride at Mahlon Dickerson State Park. Meet us at the Saffin Pond parking lot off of Weldon Road in Jefferson - we'll be wheels down at 8:30 a.m. Plan for enough water and jellybeans for a 3 hour ride, intermediate pace.
- Option 2 - road ride in Harriman State Park. Meet us at 10 a.m. at the Sterling Forest Visitor Center off of Long Meadow Road. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, we can meet at the Town Cycle parking lot at 9:30 a.m. (sharp!). We'll do an approximately 35 hilly miles down Long Meadow Road, 106, Tiorati, etc. Bring your chocolate bunny and your climbing legs!
Any questions about either ride, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. And happy spring to all!
For anyone who isn't headed out of town this weekend, a few quick reminders -
- Friday Night Clinton Road rides are back! Wheels down at 5:30 p.m. - meet us at the old Village Square Inn Parking lot on Route 23 in Newfoundland. Great way to introduce someone to the group ride concept!
- Saturday, April 7 - take 2 for our ladies mountain bike ride in Lewis Morris! We got rained out last weekend, so let's try again. 1 p.m., Lewis Morris Park in Morristown, park down by the lake. We'll do a nice easy 2 hour ride. If you are new to mountain biking, or just a little rusty, this is a great place to try out that new bike or dust off your old one!
- For those looking for a little faster pace, Team Bulldog is doing a mountain bike time trial on Saturday, April 7, at Kittatinny State Park. The course is short - 7 miles, fast paced and fun, in a different format than usual. No day of registration - you must register via BikeReg by Thursday at 8 p.m.
- **JUST ADDED** - Jason is leading an Easter Bunny mountain bike ride on Sunday morning, April 8. Meet up at Mahlon Dickerson at the Saffin Pond parking lot on Weldon Road in Jefferson. Wheels down at 8:30 a.m. for approximately 3 hour ride. Grab some jelly beans and join us!
Whatever or wherever you celebrate this weekend, safe travels! As always, if you have any questions about any of our rides, shoot us an email - email@example.com.
Tuesday, April 3, 2012
With the weather getting warmer again, it's too nice not to ride! Ladies only - meet us at 5:30 at the old Village Square Inn Parking lot on Route 23 in Newfoundland. We'll get in a good ride before the sun goes down!
If you are new to group rides or road rides, these rides are a great place to learn how to ride comfortably with a group. Don't be nervous - come on out and join us!
Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org, as always.