Monday, March 29, 2010
Now don't get too excited, this isn't the beginning of our official weekly Friday night rides just yet. Give us a few more weeks to gain a bit of daylight, then we'll get serious!
In the meantime, we know many of you will have the day off or maybe just a half day of work on Friday, so we thought we'd put together a road ride on our favorite Friday night route - Clinton Road! For this Friday, April 2nd, meet us at the usual place - the Village Square Inn parking lot on Rt. 23 in Newfoundland - at 5 p.m. Don't worry if you're a bit rusty, or even if you've never done a big group road ride. We'll set up an "A" and a "B" group to take care of everyone's needs!
So come on out, work off some of the calories you're going to have from that big chocolate Easter Bunny, and join us Friday night! Any questions, you know where to go - firstname.lastname@example.org .
Saturday, March 27, 2010
For anyone who would rather ride in the woods than on the road on Sunday, we'll have a group meeting at Waywayanda on Sunday, March 28. We'll meet at the boat launch parking lot at 8:30 a.m. Dust off that mountain bike and come join us!
Any questions - well, you know the drill .... email@example.com
Friday, March 26, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Lots of our club members are active in the Campmor H2H mountain bike race series, but that's not the only show in town. Here's a list of some races, on the road, mountain bike and going downhill, that some of our team will be participating in this year. If you are interested in hooking up with somebody for some training or getting the scope on the course from last year, let us know!
- April 24th - NYCMTB Hustle & Flow All-Mountain Race, High Bridge Park NYC
- April 25th - Singlespeed-a-polooza, New
- May 22 - Blue Mtn Super-D, Blue
- June 20th - Williams
Lake Classic, Rosendale, NY
- August 1st - Dark Horse 40, New
- August 28th - 24 Hrs of Allamuchy,
Allamuchy State Park NJ
Don't forget there is still one week left for the Branchbrook Park Spring Training Series, Saturday, March 27th. And the Augusta Training Series started last week, and is in full swing already!
If you want any more information on these races, go to our calendar, click on the date, and the website link should be there. If you are planning on attending a race not on the calendar, drop us a line and let us know - we'll post it up for you!
Any questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Finally - good weather! No snow! No rain! No 50 mph winds! And to top it off - Saturday is the first day of spring! So here are our weekend plans ...
Friday, March 19 - Spin classes at Kor Fitness in West Milford. Even with the increased daylight hours, it's still a little bit hard to pull off an after work ride. Join us at 6:30 p.m. for a great workout to start your weekend! We need to keep track of the numbers, so please let us know if you are coming -
We're still working on a possible ride for Saturday - we'll let you know if we come up with something!
As always, any questions, let us know. Enjoy this spring weather!
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
For those of us who get our TV from DirecTV, we've all been sweating it ever since DirecTV pulled Versus from their line-up...where would we get our daily Tour de France fix come July? Well, our prayers have been answered - DirecTV and Versus have finally come to an agreement. More details are here - http://tinyurl.com/yz8xgdr .
Just in time for the Tour of California and the Tour de France - whoohoo!! For more on Versus' cycling coverage, here's their schedule - http://www.versus.com/blogs/epic-cycle/2010-epic-cycle-schedule/ .
Saturday, March 13, 2010
OK, we give up - due to the ridiculous amount of rain we received, we're canceling our trail work for Sunday at Jungle Habitat. We'll try again next month on April 14th ... and it just may take that long for it to dry out!
Thursday, March 11, 2010
This past Saturday was the first race of the Branchbrook Spring Training Series in Newark, NJ. Team Town Cycle braved the early start times (7:15 a.m.!!!) and made their season debut in style, with our own Jason Grossi finishing 12th in the Cat 4/5 race, and Matt Kuchavik and BJ Kisch coming through with flying colors! The series continues every Sat. for the month of March. For those who are interested, details are here - http://tinyurl.com/ygd9pf4
UPDATE - Branchbroook canceled for Saturday, March 13 because of flooding concerns! Join them next Saturday!
If Saturdays aren't good for you, try out the Augusta Training Series at the Sussex County Fairgrounds on Tuesday nights. It's another great way to try out road racing! For more info on their series, visit their website at http://www.skylandscycling.com/fairgrounds10/ .
Great job guys! If you get a chance, come out and support our racers - maybe you'll get inspired to join them!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Most of you who read here are already Team Town Cycle members. For those of you who are not, here are a few more reasons to join us!
- Group fun - no matter what the weather! In the past few weeks, we've organized both snow shoe and cross country skiing outings - a little something for all!
- Special fitness opportunities. For the months of February and March, we've been enjoying specially designed, cycling oriented fitness classes at Komodo's. This week we are starting our Team Town Cycle members only spin classes at Kor Fitness in West Milford. When the weather finally turns, we'll be ready to ride. Will you?
- This month's special Team Town Cycle members only deal at Town Cycle is on LAS Helmets. Next month - another members only exclusive deal. This doesn't include the special discounts available to you everyday at Town Cycle as a TTC member. What will you miss out on?
- We're getting ready to order our Team Town Cycle uniforms for 2010 - from Primal Custom, a great American company. Great deals on great riding kits - but only for team members!
- Daylight savings starts on March 14 - which means more time for riding after work. We can't wait - will you be there with us?
If you're looking for a new cycling home - come check us out! And as always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us - email@example.com .